Tastefully Simple's Beer Bread I had to try it out with other carbonated beverages. The family favorite has been the cola version. It's easy (under 5 minutes to pull together) and bakes in about 30 minutes so you can have a hot breakfast or mid-morning treat any day of the week. I've also listed other variations and will be posting a cornbread version soon as well. Enjoy!
p.s. I even managed pictures this time! You can thank my friend Rebecca. She helped.
Coca-Cola Coffee Cake
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp softened butter 3 cups flour (white whole wheat will work fine)
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup sugar
1 can cola
1 tbsp cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 375. Grease 8x8 pan.
2. Mix brown sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon and butter in small bowl and set aside to use later as a struesel topping.
3. Mix all other dry ingredients in medium sized bow.
4. Add soda and mix until well blended.
5. Pour into prepared pan, top with struesel topping.
6. Bake for 30-40minutes. Check at 25 with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean.
* Use Dr. Pepper and add in 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips for a cherry/chocolate combo.
* Use Root Beer and add in a bit of ginger powder for a spice cake feel.
* Use 7-Up, Sprite or Ginger-Ale and mix in chopped dried fruit for a totally different take on a fruit cake.