This is Amy:
Today I am lucky enough to have another guest blogger. I blogged about her blog, Tales of the Wife, last Friday and invited her to bog today. Thanks Jacqie!
This is Jacqie:
Thank you for inviting me!
The Hubs and I love to cook dinner together, especially when we can take our time and be creative. We don't really follow the rules when it comes to food and pairings and such. However, this dish is something we (mostly he) came up with before we had a toddler on our heels and a newborn in our arms.
Garlic, Wine & Herb Pasta
3 large cloves garlic, minced
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 green and 1 red pepper, cut
2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
4 T thyme
2 T rosemary
4 tsp Italian Seasoning (mix of parsley, oregano, thyme)
2 tsp garlic salt
2-3 oz parmesan cheese*, shredded (The Hubs prefers Romano but this is what I found.)
1 3/4 cup white wine (We used a Pinot Grigio. I know, I know. I told you we didn't follow the rules.)
whole wheat pasta* (1/2 box)
*These ingredients can be omitted or changed to make this recipe dairy-free or gluten-free.
1. Cover the bottom of a large skillet with olive oil. Turn stove on med-high heat.
2. Toss in the minced garlic and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add peppers and continue to cook. If you like soft peppers you will want to cook these for about 5-8 minutes. If you like them crunchier only cook for a few minutes.
4. Add 1/4 cup of wine and let peppers cook another few minutes.
5. Cook your pasta by boiling in a large pot.
6. Add the chicken and rest of the wine.
7. Add half of the seasonings on top of the chicken. Cook until chicken is almost done.
9. If you find that the amount of sauce is getting low for your liking add equal amounts of wine and olive oil.
10. Add the cooked pasta to your skillet. Cook all the ingredients with the pasta for another few minutes.
11. Sprinkle parmesan and serve!
This is a very versatile pasta. It would be fabulous with bacon, artichokes, or steak. Have fun with it!