It's officially Fall here in MN but with the recent snowfall it's looking a lot more like Christmas. Christmas means cookies to me! Okay...so it's more then cookies but you can't tell me you don't love all the cookies that seem to surround us at Christmastime. The younger of my Taste Testers loves Oatmeal Scotchies. He loves the smell of the cinnamon and says it makes the house smell yummy. He's right. So bake up a batch and enjoy the Fall/Winter Weather. Enjoy!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 measuring tsp baking soda
1/2 measuring tsp salt
1/2 measuring tsp cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 measuring tsp vanilla extract
3 cups oats, uncooked (Quick or Old Fashioned)
1- 12oz pkg. (2 cups) Butterscotch Chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; set aside.
3. In large bowl, combine butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract; beat until creamy.
4. Add eggs one at a time, making sure they are well combined before adding next egg.
5. Gradually add flour mixture.
6. Stir in oats and butterscotch chips.
7. Drop by level measuring tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
8. Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes for chewier cookies or 9-10 minutes for crisper cookies.
Makes about four dozen 3-inch cookies.