Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Meatloaf Part One

Yes...there are 3 parts to my Meatloaf entry for the day. Why? Because I take a little from 2 different recipes and make it into my own. I never actually write down what I do...I just do it. So today I am going to write it down. But the recipes I use as my 'inspiration' or as my guideline are both really, really, really good in their own right so I decided to post them too. Here is the first. It's actually my friend Christie's recipe. She made it for me on a day when I was having the hardest time with my back and a pretty serious bout of postpartum depression. Meatloaf has always been a comfort food to me but that day it was so much more then comfort. It was friendship, love and a wonderful break when I needed it most. ENJOY!



Christies's Meatloaf

1.5 lb ground beef
1/2 cup ritz crackers, crushed
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbsp steak sauce (I really like it with barbeque sauce instead of the steak sauce though).

1. preheat oven to 350
2. In a large bowl, mix together beef, cheese, onion soup mix and ritz crackers until well combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, ketchup and steak sauce until smooth.
4. Stir the sauce mixture into the beef mixture until well mixed.
5. Spread evenly into 9x5 loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350 for 45 to 60 minutes, until no longer pink. (I find it usually take closer to 45 minutes).

0 comments:

Post a Comment