Monday, June 15, 2009

Yes, I am a Rhubarb Addict

I love rhubarb and this year I have been blessed to receive lots of rhubarb, both from our veggie CSA and from my neighbor who has 3 plants that all stem from the same plant that is about 80 years old! I am a lucky girl!

So this weekend I processed 39 cups of rhubarb! 33 are stashed in my deep freeze and the other 6 I made into the delicious sauce I have below. It was great on it's own, mixed with yogurt and granola for a parfait and even better on vanilla ice cream. I hope you like it and gobble it up as much as we did. Enjoy!

Balsamic Rhubarb Sauce
6 cups chopped rhubarb
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

Place all ingredients in a medium sauce pan and cook over medium low heat until mixture is bubbly and has reduced to a nice saucy consistency. Should take about 20 minutes.
Store in sealed container in fridge for up to a week (if it lasts the long) or can as you would normally can sauce or preserves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment