Thursday, December 22, 2011

This is a test of the Emergency Blogging Interuption Warning System (EBIWS)

Yes, blogging has once more been interrupted by life.  This time it was a complete computer crash, one that even my husband the "computer geek" couldn't fix, and the horrible, terrible, no good, very bad Christmas stomach bug that seems to be hitting most of the Twin Cities this week.

Red, my not so trusty laptop, will soon be on her way to the Computer Doctor (aka Dell) for a complete overhaul.  Yeah, when the customer service rep talked to the computer geek husband, the word wasn't good.  Seems I need a new hard drive, power plug in something or other and a whole lot more.  It seems like the only thing that doesn't need fixing is the motherboard.  Please, if you pray, pray that the new recipes I wrote recently are still there and that the Christmas e-books and music gifts that I bought and downloaded are still available.

As for the Christmas stomach bug, it has gone through most of the house and I seem to have gotten the worst of it.  When I can even think about looking at anything other than tea, I promise to post soon. 

But before we all got sick I had a great time with a few of my friends/neighbors making those last minute Christmas gifts that I mentioned before.  Some of them are new, but one is an old standby here in our home.  It's my homemade Hot Cocoa Mix.  Hopefully it warms you up a little as the Winter Solstice starts the beginning of brighter days and shorter nights!

p.s. You will notice in the newer version below that there is a slight change to the recipe.  Try out both and see which one your family likes better! Enjoy!


RITK's Hot Cocoa Mix

6 cups powdered milk
3 cups sugar
3 cups non-dairy creamer
2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup malted milk powder
1 package instant chocolate pudding
1 package instant vanilla pudding
1 bag miniature marshmallows

Use a LARGE bowl or pot. Pour all ingredients into container and stir. I use a wire whisk to break up any clumps and to really get it mixed well.

Scoop into containers (left over glass jars work great) and store in a dry place. We store a batch of it in an old ice cream pail which allows for easy access quickly after playing in the snow.

To Prepare:
Add 1/3 - 1/2 cup mix into a mug and add 8-10 oz. of boiling water. Stir to mix well.

Note:  Our family likes our cocoa very, very rich so if you like yours a little less thick, just add a bit more water.

0 comments:

Post a Comment