Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Amy's Hot Cocoa Mix (Just for you mom)

I make a huge batch of this a couple of times each winter. This year we gave the mix as Christmas gift. It was a hit. My mom asked for the recipe and I kept forgetting to get it to her so I told her I'd put it here for everyone.

WARNING: This makes a huge batch. Give some away but make sure you keep enough for you...because it goes very quickly. Enjoy!



Amy's Hot Cocoa Mix

6 cups powdered milk
3 cups sugar
3 cups non-dairy creamer
2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 package instant chocolate pudding
1 package instant vanilla pudding
1 bag miniature marshmallows

Use a LARGE bowl or pot. Pour all ingredients into container and stir. I use a wire whisk to break up any clumps and to really get it mixed well.

Scoop into containers (left over glass jars work great) and store in a dry place. We store a batch of it in an old ice cream pail which allows for easy access quickly after playing in the snow.

To Prepare:
Spoon 1/3 - 1/2 cup mix into a mug and add boiling water. Stir to mix.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My very favorite winter drink! I've been looking for a recipe. Thanks for posting.

Post a Comment