Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Blogging from bed rest

I have mentioned before that I have had some back issues but I don't talk about it much because let's face it, this blog is about food and not so much about my life.  But sometimes life gets in the way of cooking and that is what has happened right now.  I had a low back spinal fusion in late 2006, a baby in early 2008 and a car accident a year ago.  All of that has taken its toll and I am currently on complete bed rest.  Which means I can't cook.  Which makes blogging (especially the taking pics of food part) really hard.

But I am still writing recipes, I'm just having other people review them to see how they work.  I'm also working on some really great reviews and am excited to be working with Food Buzz and Foodie Blog Roll to come up with some new ideas, recipes and possible giveaways for the blog.  I also have some new guest bloggers coming up and can't wait to see what they come up with.

But sadly I don't know when I'll be back in the kitchen full time again.  I know I'm going to need to get back in there soon for some sanity!  My kitchen is my happy place and I miss it a lot.

In the meantime please make sure to vote for RITK both on Top Mommy Blogs and the Social Luxe 2010 BlogLuxe Awards.  You can vote once a day on each.  RITK is currently #1 for the Food and Drink category on Top Mommy Blogs and the semi-finalists for the BligLuxe awards get announced on July 12th.

3 comments:

julie said...

Feel better! We'll still be here; your blog is great!

Alisa said...

I hope you feel better soon.It's hard when you can't do the things you love

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. I hope you feel better soon. I hope your blog and talking about the kitchen can be like virtual cooking. Not nearly the same, but at least you can do some research and meal planning and things.

Post a Comment