Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lactation Cookie Bars

Most new mommies are a lot busy.  And ever more sleep deprived.  So a few of my on-line friends requested a bar version of my lactation cookies.  Something they can make in one shot instead of making pans and pans of individual cookies.  The conversion isn't really that hard.  It just involved lowering the temp of the oven and using a pan that has an edge.

So make up the dough for either my original Lactation Cookies or my Reduced Allergy Lactation Cookies (gluten free & vegan).  Spread evenly in a 9x13 pan and bake at 325 for 30-40m minutes.  The edges should be golden brown and the middle should be set.  Let cool (if you can resist the urge to cut into them right away) and cut into bars.

One bit of advice I received when I was having supply issues with my first child was to have a dark beer each night.   It just so happens that chocolate and dark beer pair together very well.  So I suggest trying a bar (or two) with a dark beer.  Treat for the momma while taking care of the baby.  Who could ask for more?  Enjoy!


**Note:  With the bars pictured here I used the original Lactation Cookies recipe but I added in chopped almonds and some shredded coconut.  The recipes are really adaptable to adding in just about anything you can think of...craisins, white chocolate, nuts...anything!

0 comments:

Post a Comment