Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Recipe Review - Pioneer Woman's Goat Cheese Polenta

I feel so much better when I can get into my kitchen to cook. It's just that lately I've only been able to get in there in spurts...and I haven't really had the time or energy to do much more than just "cook". I have been trying out some recipes that other people have sent and they have honestly been a God send. This recipe is one of my favs and might need to become a staple here. I mean who doesn't love creamy goat cheese in anything? The only change I made to the recipe is that I added about 1/4 - 1/2 tsp of crushed thyme to help bring out the earthy flavors of the beef ragu I made to serve with it. Sorry...no recipe for that. I just made it up. But this Goat Cheese Polenta recipe was easy and to die for good. I gave it 5 mitts! Enjoy!



http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/sidedishes/creamy-polenta-with-goat-cheese/

Creamy Polenta with Goat Cheese

Prep Time: Cook Time: 15 Minutes Difficulty: Easy Servings: 4
Ingredients

* 1 cup Yellow Cornmeal
* 1 teaspoon Salt
* 2 Tablespoons Butter or EVOO
* 4 ounces, weight Goat Cheese

Preparation Instructions

Bring 4 1/2 cups water to a boil.

Add cornmeal to the water in a thin stream, whisking constantly to avoid lumps.

Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes, adding salt and extra tablespoons of water as needed.

When polenta is done, stir in butter and goat cheese. Check seasonings, and add salt to taste.

Serve with your favorite meat main course. Yummy!

*** Hippy's note: she says fav meat main course but this will work as a side dish for just about anything and could easily serve as the canvas for a wonderful vegetarian meal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment