Friday, April 16, 2010

Field Trip Friday - Coconut & Lime

So I have this thing about coconut. I love it. A lot. Okay...more than a lot. Luckily I have a few friends who not only understand, they also share this obsession. One of them is my good friend Robin, who I have mentioned before. She is the one who showed me this amazing food blog, Coconut & Lime.

I love her play on flavors and her willing to take risks. I love that her recipes are pretty easy to follow. I love that she loves coconut, lime and rhubarb. I especially love that she loves rhubarb...as my past posts show that I love rhubarb about as much as I love coconut. So it seemed fitting this year that when I was looking for recipes for my Sous Chef's second birthday cake and google gave me a recipe from Coconut & Lime that I had to use that recipe.

I picked the Rhubarb Frosting. It was simply wonderful. I changed it up a bit (shocker...right?) and didn't discard the rhubarb, I pureed it in the food processor instead. I also used pureed strawberries instead of the water but the basic premise and result was the same...easy and super yummy. Like...eat out of the bowl yummy. Which is exactly what the birthday girl (okay, I helped) did. It was awesome. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Mindy Skains Independant Scentsy Consultant said...

See and I HATE it with a passion... Love the recipes. keep them coming...

Post a Comment