That aren't really sinful at all. These brownies are so rich, so chewy, so yummy and so easy that you almost feel guilty eating them. Almost. Because they are made with whole wheat flour so they aren't as bad for you as they could be. Sure they have some sugar (or a lot) and some butter (or coconut oil) and some chocolate. But they have whole wheat so you are getting a whole grain. And no one needs to know because they taste so darn good! So fool your family and friend and make these for dessert one night this week. They will think you are a God or Goddess...and it took you under an hour to get them to fight to eat whole grains. Enjoy!
Whole Wheat Brownies
1 cup softened butter or coconut oil at room temp
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup flour
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. Cream butter and granulated sugar. Add in eggs, one at a time. Add in vanilla and mix until well blended.
2. Add in cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix until well blended.
3. Add in flour and mix just until mixed thoroughly.
4. Pour into greased 8x8 pan. Sprinkle top with brown sugar and chocolate chips.
5. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes and then turn oven off and let sit in oven for 5-10 minutes. (Don't ask me why, I'm sure there is a science related reason. All I know is that they weren't quite set for me and I tried this and it worked. Both times I tried the recipe.)
*Note - you can use another size pan but you might need to adjust cooking times. Also, my oven seems to heat a bit on the cooler side. I need to buy a thermometer to test it out but haven't had the chance to do that yet.