Monday, August 3, 2009
So I played. I will admit that the first try wasn't so great. It was better then the original but it wasn't what I wanted. Tonight's try did it. I even fooled my husband and taste tester. He got mad at me and told me I was supposed to be resting. I told him I whipped it up in the commercial break. He is now sold on the cake and might be requesting it every night.
With out any more delay...here it is! ENJOY!
The Ultimate Fast Chocolate Fix
aka: The BETTER 5 Minute Chocolate Cake in a Mug
1 tbsp all purpose flour (I actually used King Arthur's White Whole Wheat because it's what I had)
3 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp cocoa powder
pinch of salt
3 tbsp milk
2 tbsp oil (I used plain vegetable oil but coconut oil would be better, I just didn't have it)
1 tbsp brandy (or other liquor, fruit juice or even just more milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Mix flour, sugar, cocoa and salt in a large mug.
2. Add all other ingredients.
3. Cook in microwave for 2 1/2 - 3 minutes. (My microwave cooks hot/fast so I only needed 2 1/2 but you might need the full 3 minutes. You may need to play with this.)
4. Let sit in microwave for 1 minute.
5. Take out, put onto plate and enjoy!
* This cake is a lot like what you would expect out of a flourless chocolate cake. It is very rich and satisfying and you *might* need to share this with someone else. Then again, maybe you won't want to. ;)