Sunday, January 18, 2009

Amazing Artichoke Dip

I get asked for this recipe a lot. It's easy but no one believes me because it is so good!

Funny story about this recipe, this is the recipe that made me realize I was a pretty good cook. I say that because it was the first recipe that my Aunt Jackie asked me for and she is one of the best cooks I've ever met! I figured if she asked me for a recipe maybe I had something going on.



Artichoke Dip

2 cans quartered artichoke hearts, chopped
1 c. mayo
1 c. parm cheese
1 c. sour cream
2 (or more, if you like garlic) cloves garlic, chopped
1-2 T. lemon juice
2 dashes tabasco sauce, opt

1. Drain artichokes.

2. Combine all ingredients in glass or ceramic baking dish.

3. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, sprinkle top with a bit of parm cheese, bake another 10-15 minutes, bubble-y and browning.


Ways to change it up a bit...

~ Add in an extra can of artichokes, a block of softened cream cheese and an extra dash of Tabasco. This makes an extra creamy dip and is just as yummy as the original.

~Have left over dip? Toss it with cooked chicken strips and pasta for a yummy and easy supper. Even better, add in some spinach while cooking the chicken. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Erica said...

This is the best artichoke dip I've ever tasted....and my mom makes a mean artichoke dip.

Post a Comment