Friday, May 28, 2010

We interrupt regular scheduled blogging for chocolate! (Worth it...trust me!)

Today I had planned to put up the solar oven post. The solar oven post will still be going up...just tomorrow instead.  Plus the slight delay will allow me to try yeast bread, which is pretty much the only thing I haven't attempted yet.  But I've been super excited about sharing my experience with everyone about using the solar oven to cook just about anything under the sun. (Pun intended. Hee hee.) So why am I delaying it?  What in the world could be so good that I push aside a whole week's worth or cooking and research?

Two words.  Chocolate Cobbler.

The recipe has been floating around my message board for a few weeks and I've been meaning to try it but never got around to it.  The heat wave this week didn't help either.  But after I made cornbread and rhubarb crumble in the solar oven without a problem I figured I had to give this recipe a try.

It is so super easy to make but the wow factor is over the top.  I shared with my neighbors and all the kids. Across the board everyone agreed that I needed to do a Field Trip Friday for this recipe so that people could make it over the Memorial Day weekend.  So make it.  Now.  Today.  And tomorrow too...because it's that good that you will want more.  You will thank me later.  Go enjoy!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen-blog/2010/05/a-tasty-recipe-my-grannys-chocolate-cobbler/

2 comments:

Queen Mommy said...

Bookmarked! I LOVE that it doesn't contain eggs and will be super easy to veganize! Imagine melted coconut oil to replace the butter. Oooh, my mouth waters just thinking about it....

Mommy of 3 said...

Yum! I am officially making this tonight. (and will do my best to not make a meal for myself of it)

Post a Comment