Saturday, January 10, 2009

I love Saturday mornings (The Perfect Pancakes)

Saturdays equal pancakes in my house. And I LOVE pancakes. I can't get enough of them. I would even eat them for dinner once or twice a week if my husband didn't hate breakfast food for dinner.

And they are so easy to make from scratch! Once I made this recipe up I have never turned back. They are yummy, light, filling and fool proof. Enjoy.




Perfect Pancakes

These pancakes are prefect for many reasons. They always turn out great, they are super light and fluffy, kids and adults both love them, they are easily adaptable to add fruits and nuts and the best thing of all is that they are full of healthy ingredients but your family never has to know!

1 ¾ cups whole wheat flour
½ cup unbleached flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 beaten eggs
1 ¾ cups milk
¼ cup white vinegar
2 tbsp vegetable oil

Mix milk and vinegar, set aside. In medium size bowl, mix dry ingredients. Add eggs and oil to milk mixture. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and mix just until blended. Let sit 5 minutes.
Batter will be very light in texture. Use an ice cream scoop or measuring cup to spoon into pan. Cook on low to medium heat and top with your favorite toppings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment