Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Easy Beef Stroganoff

My husband will tell you that the only thing I can't cook is Beef Stroganoff. That is because before we were married I tried to make it and something went wrong. Very, very wrong. So wrong we ordered pizza. Yes, it was that bad.

So I searched, experimented and found a recipe. Now it's one of his favs. This is the easy recipe version, the one I use for quick weeknight dinners. But it's yummy and satisfying. And he can no longer say I can't make something. ;)




Easy Beef Stroganoff

1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg onion soup mix
1 can beef broth
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 cup sour cream
black pepper to taste
1/2 cup milk, water or white wine
optional: fresh sliced mushrooms

1. Brown ground beef. If adding mushrooms, add these when beef is just about done and saute for a few minutes.

2. Add onion soup mix and broth. Stir well and then add cream of mushroom soup and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well and let simmer for 5 minutes.

3. Add sour cream, pepper and other liquid. Mix well and let reduce for about 15 minutes.

Serve over buttered noodles or mashed potatoes. Doubles and freezes well.

1 comments:

allie said...

I made this tonight.... Yuuuuuum.

Post a Comment